- Implement a creative and varied program of age-appropriate activities
- Actively participate in all scheduled camp activities.
- Provide supervision and guidance to clients
- Ensure the safety of the activities and campers at all times.
- Monitor the arrival and departure of clients
- Keep accurate and ongoing daily attendance of assigned group.
- Keep program areas clean and ensure that needed supplies are on hand.
- Assist with setting up and taking down of equipment for all activities and be responsible for the security and neat storage of all equipment and supplies.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to potential problems in the group or individual discipline problems.
- Provide written program and client evaluations.
- Attend and participate in employee orientation, training and all scheduled staff meetings.
- Maintain a positive relationship with campers, parents and other staff at all times.
- Any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary
This a very active position; candidates should be prepared for lifting, moving (chairs/tables etc.), cleaning and lots of walking and physical activity
- experience working with children
- energetic and self-starter
- excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
- strong communication and teamwork abilities
- able to problem solve effectively
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification
- High Five Principals of Healthy Child Development
“a good place to be”